Uchi komi - repeated practice
Uchi komi will train specific repeat of movements. The purpose of these exercises is to improve the rhythm of movement and speed, and to achieve automation. While this kind of training, for example throwing technique will not be performed until the end (Nage), the first two throwing phases (Kuzushi, Tsukuri) must be performed on the whole; Kakecan be indicated. Uchi komi can be trained as Tandoku renshu as well as Sotai renshu.
The defined goals of the uchi komi exercise includes:
The Uchi komi training is quite varied, depending on the target, "What is to be improved", there are various training opportunities to use:
- • Uchi komi for Tai sabaki - missing the physical contact with UKE, not constitute use of the hips, missing arm movements; TORI performs the throwing technique until Kake.
- • Uchi komi for Renraku waza - Detecting and exploiting UKE's defensive reactions to combination techniques (Renraku waza).
- Uchi komi for Kumi kata - Developing and maintaining a grip technique (Kumi kata)
- Uchi komi for Nage - missing physical fitness, here is UKE thrown in rapid succession.
- Triple uchi komi - missing lifting-, sickle and sweeping energy; TORI performs the throwing technique until Kake, while UKE is held in accordance with a third partner.
- Uchi komi for explosive power - missing speed during the execution of throwing techniques; TORI executes the technique until the end of the 2nd throwing phase (Tsukuri).